Core Academic Features
- RCCS recognizes literacy as a gateway to fulfilling the school’s mission to prepare every scholar for academic excellence in high school, college, and beyond.
- Scholars engage in a minimum of 3 hours of literacy each day.
- Guided Reading instruction provides scholars the opportunity to receive daily small group instruction
Eureka and CGI Math
- Scholars engage in 90-minutes of mathematics instruction each day Responsive Classroom (link).
- Cognitively Guided Instruction (CGI) is a problem-solving component of the school day that focuses on student thinking and analysis through the use of word problems.
- As the core math program, Eureka Math engages scholars in a comprehensive curriculum that allows for hands-on, real world problem solving.
- The Responsive Classroom approach to teaching emphasizes academic, social, and emotional growth in a strong school community.
- RCCS places great emphasis on relationships. Our caring teachers provide a warm, nurturing, and supportive environment for learning.