- Call the main office before 7:45 am at 973-483-4400 to report the absence.
- Clearly state the students name, grade, your relationship, and the reason for the absence. Please SPELL the name.
- Send a Note to the Attendance Office explaining the absence when the student returns to school. Doctors Note, Death in the Family, etc.
- If the student is going to be out for an extended length of time, send a note and/or email the teacher and let the main office know of your plans.
- Please note that students can’t have more than 19 unexcused days. Every day matters.
- After 10 unexcused days you will be referred to the Family Crisis Center.
- The compulsory education law (N.J.S.A. 18A:38-28 through 31) requires all children between the ages of 6-16 to attend school. The attendance regulations (N.J.A.C. 6A:16-7.6), require each district board of education to develop, adopt and implement policies and procedures regarding the attendance of students, including the adoption of a definition of "unexcused absence" that counts towards truancy. While the regulations allow for the parent to be referred to municipal court for a truant child, consideration should be made to refer or coordinate with a community-based social and health provider agency, other community resource, or the juvenile/family crisis intervention unit (FCIU).
- Late students must report to the main office and receive a tardy/late pass.
- If you are late due to a doctor’s appointment please bring in your note when you pick up your tardy/late pass. We can then excuse your tardy/late day.
- Students may not write or sign their own notes. The school reserves the right to call the parent/guardian to verify notes.
- Please review flyers and calendar with regard to early dismissal and days when school is closed.
- Listen to robocalls for important information.
- Scholars must be picked up promptly at 12:30 pm. If you are running late please call the main office to advise us of your emergency.
HELPFUL VIDEOS ON MAINTAINING ATTENDANCE